Connect with us

Odisha News

Murdered Naba Das’ business empire under threat!

Published

on

IMAGE_1677086989.webp


Advertisement

With the death of health minister Naba Das, his business empire is said to be facing threat as a strong leader from coastal Odisha is allegedly setting eyes on it.

The assassinated minister used to have a stronghold over the coal and transportation business. His dominance over the ash and mineral transportation and coal business grew soon after 2004 when he entered into active politics.

Advertisement

It is discussed that a leader from coastal Odisha is trying to cash in on the space left over by Naba Das. With an intention to step into Naba Das’ space, the said leader has been visiting Jharsuguda frequently. It is also discussed that another leader who is a former minister from the neighbouring district is mediating for him.

The leader was seen having a closed-door meeting with the Sambalpur Collector and the SP at the office of the Northern Range IG on February 17. Earlier on that day, some 30 to 40 people from Rengali and nearby villages under Katarabaga Police limits had forcibly entered a reputed ash company and threatened the employees with dire consequences if the company was not shut down.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA Nauri Naik and Congress MLA Santosh Singh Saluja trained their guns directly at Bhatli MLA Sushant Singh.

“MLA Sushant Singh is trying to capture the business empire set up by Naba Das. Some people at his instance, created a ruckus at an ash company. Such things are going on there,” said Naik.

Advertisement

Congress MLA Saluja said, “The people of MLA Sushant Singh had an encounter with the Naba Das faction. Their intention was to capture the murdered leader’s empire. Now a race has started among the BJD leaders to capture the empire.”

However, while coming out of the office of the Northern range IG, Sushant Singh had said to journalists that he had visited the office to discuss the safety and security arrangements during the CM’s visit.

Advertisement

BJD MLA Bhagirathi Sethi also came in support of Sushant Singh and said, “No leader from the ruling party is involved in it (Naba Das murder case). It is yet to be confirmed if a conspiracy was hatched against him (Naba Das).”

Following the fracas at the ash company on February 17, the police registered an FIR on the basis of company supervisor Amit Majumdar’s complaint. The accused include Deba Narayan Tiwari, a Zilla Parishad member, and Nilambar Rohidas, Sarpanch of Katarabaga.

Advertisement

Anger is simmering in the area as the police let the accused persons go after accepting written undertakings from them.

“We had suspected that there would be disturbances at places which were under Naba Das control. It has already started in Sambalpur,” said Dinesh Jain, an advocate, Jharsuguda.

Advertisement

“Keeping this in mind, the state government should take steps before the situation goes out of control,” he urged.

 

Advertisement

(Reported by Bhagirathi Sahu and Harihar Chand, OTV)

 

Advertisement

 

Advertisement



Source link

Advertisement

Odisha News

Only verified accounts to get For You recommendations: Musk

Published

on

By

Elon_Musk_1679977828.webp


Advertisement

Twitter CEO Elon Musk on Tuesday said that only verified accounts will be allowed to appear in ‘For You recommendations’, starting April 15.

Musk tweeted: “Starting April 15, only verified accounts will be eligible to be in For You recommendations. The is the only realistic way to address advanced AI bot swarms taking over. It is otherwise a hopeless losing battle. Voting in polls will require verification for same reason.”

Advertisement

“That said, it’s ok to have verified bot accounts if they follow terms of service & don’t impersonate a human.”

Several users expressed their thoughts on Musk’s post.

When one user said, “I don’t get behind this decision. You need to invest money into talent and AI tech to detect bots on the platform. This isn’t the way to go. It could tarnish the platform.”

Advertisement

The tech billionaire replied: “My prediction is that this will be the only platform you can trust.”

Meanwhile, on Monday, Twitter boss had said that paid verification increases the cost of bots by 10,000 per cent and makes it much easier to identify bots by phone, so paid accounts will be the only social media that matters.
 

Advertisement





Source link

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Odisha News

Shah Rukh Khan’s Pathaan scripts history, know final worldwide BO collection

Published

on

By

IMAGE_1674484508.jpg


Advertisement

Hindi action thriller movie Pathaan marked a thumping comeback of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan after a gap of 4 years. Siddarth Anand helmed Pathaan, also starring Deepika Padukone and John Abraham, was on a record-breaking spree with its global box office collection. And now, the spree has come to an end after around 60 days of its release.

After a glorious theatrical run of around two months, which is uncommon these days, the action-packed movie under YRF Spy Universe has grossed over Rs 1050 crore. 

Advertisement

Also Read: Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Pathaan beats ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’, exceeds lifetime biz!

Throughout its journey, Pathaan has broken previous records of several Indian movies and emerged as one of the highest-grossing Hindi movies. As per reports, Pathaan became the highest-grossing Indian film in Hindi language in India with a total collection of Rs 522 crore nett. The SRK-starrer also went on to become the highest-grossing Hindi-origin film in India with nett collection of Rs 540 crore in all languages. 

With a gross collection of Rs 654 crore in India, Pathaan (all languages) has clinched the fourth spot in the list of highest-grossing Indian films in India. Now, Pathaan is behind, Baahubali 2: The Conclusion, KGF Chapter 2 and RRR.

Advertisement

Further, reports claim that the overseas collection is at around 48.50 million dollars, Rs 400 crores gross. With such numbers, Pathaan has become the top Indian film with international earnings in the first phase. 

Pathaan’s digital premiere will add to the figures and increase the lifetime collections as well.

Advertisement

Also Read: Shah Rukh Khan’s Pathaan outranks Yash’s KGF Chapter 2 lifetime biz!



Source link

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Odisha News

Mahanadi water crisis deepens, all eyes on Tribunal’s field visit in Odisha  

Published

on

By

IMAGE_1679937845.webp


Advertisement

Amid the ongoing political mudslinging & debate over Mahanadi river water dispute between Odisha and Chhattisgarh, the ground situation is worsening further as the river has completely dried up at several places in Odisha like Subarnapur, Nayagarh and Boudh.
 
While the Mahanadi Water Disputes Tribunal is all set to conduct a field visit in neighbouring Chhattisgarh, all eyes are now on the preparedness of Odisha government to furnish impactful fact and figures to help strengthen the case in its favour.

The Mahanadi Tribunal decided to conduct the field visit in Chhattisgarh from April 17 to 21. Once the field visit at the upper catchment areas of Mahanadi in Chhattisgarh to Kalma barrage is completed, the team will undertake a field visit in Odisha from April 29 to May 03.

Advertisement

If the comparison of water level of Hirakud dam between March 27, 2022 and March 27, 2023 is taken into consideration, the seriousness of the situation can be well understood. 

Last year on this day, the water level at Hirakud was 619.93  feet as compared to 616.39 feet today, signifying a decrease by 3.54 feet.

Advertisement

Though the present water level at Hirakud dam has raised concerns over the production of hydroelectricity, irrigation and potable water supply, the engineer-in-chief of water resources department has ruled out the apprehensions.

“The average inflow is around 400-500 Cusec while the average outflow is 7,000 Cusec for the power channels and irrigation. The inflow is less, but we will maintain the power generation agreement and meet the irrigation demand,” said Bhakta Ranjan Mohanty, engineer-in-chief of the Water Resources Department.

Advertisement

“The water is around 2.5 feet above actual level and the hydro electricity generation will not be affected,” said Chief Engineer of Hirakud Dam, Ananda Chandra Sahu.

Meanwhile, questions are being raised over who is responsible for the fall in water level of Mahanadi river. Is it Chhattisgarh’s illegal barrage construction as claimed by the Odisha government or there are other lacunas?

Advertisement

Former chief engineer of Hirakud Dam said that there were some negligence on part of the Odisha government during 1947 Hirakud Dam water sharing policy. Furthermore, the Odisha government is failing to preserve water in lower catchment areas in the rainy season, opine several experts.

“Two Sindol hydro power projects, which could have helped in power generation and irrigation, are not operational. The project was cleared by the Government of India,” said Sudhakar Patri, former Chief Engineer of Hirakud Dam.

Advertisement

(Reported by Sanjay Jena and Chandan Paikray, OTV)

Advertisement



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending