Electric Vehicle incentive: Guidelines out for interest-free advance to Odisha govt employees
In a bid to streamline the payment procedure and consequential irregularities, the Odisha government on Friday released guidelines for interest-free advance payment to employees wishing to purchase electric vehicles (EV).
In a notice, the Finance department observed that the provisions / guidelines for electric vehicle advance are not being meticulously followed by the Departments while sanctioning the advance in favour of their employees.
With a view to streamline and maintain uniformity in procedure and avoid consequential irregularities in sanctioning such advances, the department laid down some provisions / guidelines to be strictly followed by the sanctioning authorities.
1) The advance for purchase of electric vehicles by the state government employees will be available only up to December 31, 2025. The application received after the expiry of the policy period will not be considered
2) The interest free advance for purchase of electric motor cars will be available only to Group-A & Group-B category of government employees. The advance amount is limited to 75% of the cost of the electric vehicle (Ex-showroom Price) subject to maximum of Rs 15 lakh
3) The interest free advance for purchase of electric two-wheelers (electric motor cycle / scooter / invalid carriages etc.) will be available to Group-C and Group-D Government employees and above. The advance amount is limited to 75% of the cost of the electric vehicle (Ex-showroom Price) subject to maximum of Rs 2 lakh.
4) The advance amount will be recovered in maximum of 100 consecutive monthly instalments from subsequent months. Recovery of the advance will be regulated in such a manner that the same can be recovered before one year of the date of superannuation. In case, the Government employee retires or expires without payment of full amount of loan, the residual amount needs to be recovered from their arrear salary bill, leave salary bill, pension, Commutation pension or gratuity before its disbursements. If he/she resign/quits from Government Service, the amount will be recovered under OPDR Act.
5) If the Government servant so desires he will be allowed to repay the instalment in advance.
6) The government employees who will avail the advance have to furnish the copy of Registration Certificate, insurance and retail invoice of the vehicles to sanctioning authority within 3 months from the date of release of the advances.
7) The Government employees who are eligible for both electric (four wheeler & two wheeler) vehicle advance can avail either of the advance at a time.
After introducing a portal for release of subsidy on purchase of electric vehicles (EVs), the State government had announced to provide interest free advance to its employees in April 2022.
The Electric Vehicle Policy 2021 had promised a slew of incentives, including interest-free advance to government employees to promote EVs in the State to control the pollution emerging from fossil fuel used in vehicles.
Infant killed, 4 others injured in LPG cylinder blast in Odisha
In an LPG cylinder blast incident, a 40-day-old infant was killed and four others sustained severe injuries at Mirzapur near Chandipur in Balasore district on Tuesday evening.
According to a source, the mishap occurred at one Sheikh Bhallu’s house. The cylinder caught fire when his wife was cooking food in the evening.
In the mishap, Bhallu’s 40-day-old infant died on the spot while the couple, their second daughter and another person were injured critically. Hearing the sound, neighbours came to the family’s rescue.
They rescued Bhallu’s six-year-old daughter and another person, whose identity is yet to be ascertained, and immediately rushed them to the Balasore district headquarters hospital (DHH).
“The incident occurred at around 6.30 PM. Bhallu, his wife and their middle daughter have been admitted to the hospital. Their elder daughter is safe,” said a relative.
Local Tehsildar, Nirlipta Mohanty said, “Since the infant couldn’t be rescued, he was killed in the mishap. The couple and their daughter have been admitted to the hospital. The administration is with the family and will extend all possible help to them.”
Earthquake tremors felt in Delhi, NCR
Earthquake tremors were felt in Delhi on Tuesday evening. As per reports, the tremors were felt across Delhi-NCR.
As per the National Center for Seismology (NCS), an earthquake of magnitude 6.6 occurred on Tuesday at 22:17:27 IST.
The location of the earthquake as per NCS was 133 km SSE of Fayzabad in Afghanistan.
The earthquake was recorded at a depth of 156 km, the NCS tweeted.
On the other hand, the US Geological Services said, the 6.5 magnitude quake had an epicentre 40 km south by south east of Afghanistan’s Jurm. It occurred at a depth of nearly 190 km.
In Delhi, following the earthquake, Delhi Fire Services sources said that they received a call about the tilting of a building in Shakarpur area.
Delhi Earthquake: People come out of their apartments following tremors in Noida, Sector 21#DelhiEarthquake #Earthquake pic.twitter.com/WmqAy5bWNe
— OTV (@otvnews) March 21, 2023
Panic-stricken people rushed out of buildings as the earthquake struck around 10.20 pm and was also felt in Haryana, Punjab and Rajasthan. In no time, images of people out on roads and open spaces started flooding the social media.
There was no immediate report of any loss of life or property.
Later in the evening, Delhi Fire Services director confirmed that “No building in Shakarpur area was found tilted. An initial call was given by some of the neighbours. The occupants of the building were not aware of the call.”
Suhana Khan oozes hotness in new bold avatar, see pics
Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan’s daughter Suhana Khan is one of the popular star kids from Bollywood. Recently, she stunned everyone with her appearances during the pre-wedding festivities of Ananya Panday’s cousin Alanna. Now, after the wedding celebrations, Suhana grabbed the eyeballs of netizens in her latest bold avatar.
Also Read: Suhana Khan’s Star Power Will Leave A Blazing Trail In Tinsel Town !
On Tuesday, Suhana shared a set of pictures on social media in which she is seen posing at a scenic location while sporting a white halter neck cutout ensemble. She completed her look with a messy bun and dewy makeup. Slipped into the sheer white maxi dress, she looked even more radiant under the golden hour.
Soon the post got flooded with comments and appreciation from well-wishers including several celebrities and family members.
Suhana’s best friend Ananya Panday commented, “HELLO” with a heart-eyed emoji face. Similarly, Shanaya Kapoor commented, “Beauty.” (sic)
Most of the comments for the post were fire and red heart emoticons.
The comments prove the love of all for the star kid.
On the work front, Suhana is all set to make her big Bollywood debut this year with Zoya Akhtar’s ‘The Archies.’ She will be seen with Amitabh Bachchan’s grandson Agastya Nanda and Janhvi Kapoor’s sister Khushi Kapoor. Though the makers are yet to announce the release date, it will release on Netflix soon.
Coinbase Petitions SEC on Staking
TikTok CEO appeals to U.S. users ahead of House testimony
Arbitrum’s ARB Token Airdrop Triggers OTC Trading
Walmart-owned Sam’s Club plans to open about 30 new stores over next five years
22/7 Project’s Reina Miyase Graduates From Franchise
NBUniversal expects Peacock losses to peak this year as streamer slowly adds subscribers
Watch: Bride Arrives At Wedding Venue In Madhya Pradesh Driving Tractor
In September 2022, ‘The Lord of the Rings: Gollum’ will be released for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X.
Dhaakad Day 1 Box Office Report: Kangana Ranaut’s film debuts poorly in front of Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 by Kartik Aaryan.
Entertainment2 months ago
Fake heiress Anna ‘Delvey’ Sorokin, while on house arrest, to star in new reality show – National | Globalnews.ca
Tech2 months ago
Tesla shares pop on ‘better than feared’ earnings results, demand outlook
Crypto2 months ago
Tesla refuses to sell any more Bitcoin
Business2 months ago
Southwest forecasts lingering losses as bookings slow in wake of holiday meltdown
Anime & Manga2 months ago
StoneBot Comics Provides Statement on Kamen Rider Kuuga Manga’s Translation Differences from Initial Preview
Odisha News2 months ago
Police Medals: 34 Odisha Police personnel awarded on Republic Day
Politics2 months ago
Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel announces unemployment allowance
Fashion2 months ago
Robert Wun Couture Spring 2023
You must be logged in to post a comment Login
You must log in to post a comment.