Connect with us

Gaming

Google Stadia is shutting down in January 2023

Published

on

Google-Stadia.jpg


Google has announced that it is shutting down it cloud-based gaming service, Google Stadia after nearly three years of launch. Google said that players will continue to have access to their games library and play through January 18, 2023, so they can complete final play sessions. After this date, Google Stadia will join the long list of products, such as Google+, Google Currents, Google Hangouts, Google Auto, and Google Play Music among others, that have been killed by Google in the past. Also Read – Google is making shopping easier than ever with five major updates to Google Shopping

Advertisement

Google also said that it will be refunding all Stadia hardware purchases made through the Google Store, and all game and add-on content purchases made through the Stadia store. The company expects to complete majority of refunds by mid-January, 2023. Also Read – Search On 2022: Top features coming to Google Search

“We’re grateful to the dedicated Stadia players that have been with us from the start,” Google Stadia’s Vice President and General Manager Phil Spencer wrote in a blog post. Also Read – Google Maps to get new updates to make it look like the real world

Sharing more details in a support page, Google clarified that while it may be possible for some games that support cross-progression play on other platforms, it won’t be possible for the majority of games available on Google’s platform. This means that all the progress you make in a game on Google Stadia will be inevitably lost, unless, of course, it is one of the few games that offer cross-platform support.

In its support page also said that it will be refunding Stadia hardware purchases including the Stadia Controller, Founders Edition, Premiere Edition, and Play and Watch with Google TV packages that were made by players through the Google Store and software transactions (games and add-on purchases) through the Stadia store. However, Stadia Pro subscriptions will not eligible for refund. The company also said that players will be able to continue playing their games in Pro without further charges until the final wind down date.

“Players who held an active Stadia Pro subscription as of September 29, 2022 will not be charged for access to their Pro library or other subscription entitlements during the shut-down period,” the company wrote in its support page.

Advertisement

As far as the move for this decision is concerned, Google said that this move comes as its gaming service was unable to get the traction that it had hoped it would get. “And while Stadia’s approach to streaming games for consumers was built on a strong technology foundation, it hasn’t gained the traction with users that we expected so we’ve made the difficult decision to begin winding down our Stadia streaming service,” the company said.

It is worth noting that Google last year stopped internal game development for the gaming service. And now, it has finally decided to pull the plug on Google Stadia.


Advertisement







Source link

Gaming

Microsoft enters 10-yr deal with Nintendo for ‘Call Of Duty’ games

Published

on

By

Call-of-Duty-Warzone-Mobile-featured.jpg



Microsoft has entered a 10-year agreement with Japanese gaming giant Nintendo to bring ‘Call Of Duty’ (CoD) games on Nintendo consoles if the Activision Blizzard acquisition closes. Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer made the announcement on Twitter on Wednesday. Also Read – Call of Duty is reaching Nintendo Switch: All you need to know

“Microsoft has entered into a 10-year commitment to bring Call of Duty to @Nintendo following the merger of Microsoft and Activision Blizzard King. Microsoft is committed to helping bring more games to more people, however they choose to play,” he added. Also Read – Microsoft may build ‘super app’ to fight Apple and Google: Check details

Advertisement

Spencer also mentioned that “Microsoft has committed to continue to offer Call of Duty on @Steam simultaneously to Xbox”. Earlier this week, Microsoft president Brad Smith had confirmed that Microsoft offered a 10-year contract to Sony to make future CoD games available on PlayStation. Also Read – Facebook parent Meta threatens to ban news on its platform in US over journalism bill

Smith noted that “Sony has emerged as the loudest objector” to Microsoft’s proposed $68.7 billion acquisition and “it’s as excited about this deal as Blockbuster was about the rise of Netflix”.

Activision recently opened the pre-registrations for Call of Duty Warzone Mobile for the iOS platform. The Warzone Mobile will be the mobile port for the game’s PC and console versions. It will bring the classic battle royale experience on handheld devices.

How to pre-register for Call of Duty Warzone Mobile on App Store

Activision is now taking pre-registrations for its upcoming title Call of Duty Warzone Mobile for iOS. iOS users can now pre-register for the game on App Store and get the game’s latest updates.

Advertisement

Here’s how you can pre-register for the game.

Step 1: Open the App store on your iPhone.

Step 2: Tap on the Games tab.

Step 3: Once you open the Games tab, you should see the game at the top of the page with the ‘PRE-ORDER’ status. Tap on the game.

Step 4: Tap on Get and double-press the power button to confirm.

Step 5: After confirming, you will get a pop-up to enable notifications. Simply, confirm, and once the game releases, you will automatically get a notification.

Advertisement

The game is sized 529MB and it will be compatible with all iPhones starting from iPhone XS to iPhone 14 Pro Max. It will also run on iPad with iPadOS 15.0 and A12 Bionic or better chipset.

 

(Inputs from IANS)

Advertisement





Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Gaming

Call of Duty coming to Nintendo Switch as a 10-year deal

Published

on

By

Xbox-Nintendo.jpg






Advertisement





Advertisement



Source link

Continue Reading

Gaming

Valorant launches Swiftplay mode and Patch 5.12: All you need to know

Published

on

By

Valorant-Swiftplay.jpg



Riot Games has announced a new mode in its popular first-person tactical hero shooter game Valorant. The new mode is called Swiftplay and is said to be the condensed version of the standard 5v5 Unrated Spike mode. In addition to this, the last patch of the year Patch 5.12 is also out for the game bringing quite a few changes.

New Swiftplay mode is available in the Beta stage

Starting with the new mode, the Swiftplay mode is currently in the Beta version and is coming with Patch 5.12. Players in all regions can try the new mode to experience a compressed version of the Unrated match.

Swiftplay mode is nothing but standard Unrated mode but with shortened match time. The new mode is aimed to provide the core Valorant experience with a lower time commitment.

Instead of 13 rounds, players will have to win 5 rounds in the 5v5 format. This will allow players to get an unrated-like experience in a short time. Also, it will help players earn XP.

Advertisement

The new mode is already available for playing in the beta stage and will be there till January 10, 2023, that’s when the ongoing Episode 5 Act 3 will end.

Apart from the Swifitplay mode, Patch 5.12 also brings several other changes. All agent abilities have now been tweaked.

Agent Changes in Patch 5.12

Breach’s Ultimate points have been increased to 8 from 7. Chamber’s Rendezvous’ radius is now increased to 13m from 7.5m.

Cypher’s Trapwire’s heath increased to 20. Fade’s Prowler’s health decreased to 60 from 100. The recently released agent Harbor’s High Tide and Cascade times have been increased to 15s and 7s, respectively.

Brimstone’s Incendiary can now damage Cypher’s Trapwire, Razer’s Blast Pack, Sova’s Recon Bolt, Sage’s Barrier Orb, Reyna’s Leer, Killjoy’s Alarmbot, Lockdown, and Nanoswarm.

Advertisement

Lastly, Pheonix’s Hot hands now damage Cypher’s Trapwire, Reyna’s Leer, Raze’s Blast Pack, Sage’s Barrier Orb, Killjoy’s Alarmbot, Lockdown, and Nanoswarm.

If you want to check out the full patch notes, you can head to the official Valorant website here.

The post Valorant announces Swiftplay mode in Patch 5.12 appeared first on BGR India.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending